SANDY (July 29, 2015) – The Salt Lake Board of Realtors® today reported the top 10 cities in highest home sales along the Wasatch Front in the second quarter (year-over-year) included:
1. Clearfield, Davis County (84015) 312 homes sold
2. Farr West, Weber County (84404) 294 sales
3. South Jordan, Salt Lake County (84095) 293 sales;
4. Tooele, Tooele County (84074) 283 sales
5. Lehi, Utah County (84043) 267 sales
6. Herriman, Salt Lake County (84096) 236 sales
7. Kearns, Salt Lake County (84118) 214 sales
8. Layton, Davis County (84041) 199 sales
8. Eagle Mountain, Utah County (84005) 199 sales
9. Draper, Salt Lake County (84020) 192 sales
10. Spanish Fork, Utah County (84660) 191 sales
“Home buyers appear drawn to affordable areas. In fact, seven of the top 10 cities making the list had home prices lower than their respective county’s median home price,” said Dave Robison, president of the Salt Lake Board of Realtors®. “Other cities making the top 10 list, like Draper, offer a variety of amenities and are close to major employers.”
In the second quarter, sales of single-family homes along the Wasatch Front increased 19 percent to 8,411 sales, up from 7,059 sales in the second quarter of 2014. At 29 percent, Tooele County posted the highest percent increase in home sales. In Salt Lake County, home sales climbed 16 percent. Utah, Davis and Weber counties also posted double-digit gains.
The median-priced home sold along the Wasatch Front increased to $253,000, up 9 percent compared to $231,900 in the second quarter of 2014. In Salt Lake County, the median home price reached $275,000, up 8 percent from last year and the highest median price of the five-county area of the Wasatch Front.
In Salt Lake County there were 6,825 new listings added in the second quarter, up 4 percent from 6,554 listings in the second quarter of 2014. Based on sales trends over the past six months, there is a 4.4-month supply of housing inventory, indicating a housing market that favors sellers.
About the Salt Lake Board of REALTORS®
The Salt Lake Board of REALTORS® is the Wasatch Front’s voice of real estate and the No. 1 source for housing market information. Established in 1917, the Salt Lake Board of REALTORS® is a leader in protecting private property rights. As Utah’s largest real estate trade association, the Salt Lake Board of REALTORS® assists its members to better serve the public through continuing education, advocacy and a professional code of ethics.