1. This award is given to an individual who holds an active real estate license with the Utah Division of Real Estate AND has not had prior licensed sales experience in the real estate industry.
2. Nominations for this award may be submitted by either an individual Rookie Realtor® or by the Broker of the rookie applicant.
3. The Rookie of The Year is based on accomplishments for the first 12 consecutive months after the applicant is licensed.
4. Applicant must have met the criteria prior to December 31 of the year (2017) which they are applying for the Rookie of the Year Award.
5. A person can only apply for Rookie of The Year one time.
6. All applicants for this award must be a member of the Salt Lake Board of Realtors® as their primary Board.
7. Ethical conduct – If, by the filing date, the applicant is found in violation of the Code of Ethics by the Professional Standards Committee or in violation of Utah State Law as determined by the Real Estate Division during the calendar year of application, the applicant will not be eligible to apply for this award.
8. IMPORTANT: Your application will not be eligible for consideration if all specified supporting documentation is not included.
In selecting the recipients of the awards, the following may be considered:
1. Volume and number of real estate transactions closed and/or the gross dollar volume of closed transactions as reported by Utahrealestate.com or as otherwise verified by applicable HUD-1 settlement statements.
Please calculate volume and closed sides as follows:
a. If the property sold for $100,000 and there were two agents involved, each would receive $100,000 and one side.
b. If the property sold for $100,000 and one agent handled both the listing and the selling side, the agent would receive $200,000 credit and two sides.
c. This is an INDIVIDUAL Award. Only count sides and volume for which you are personally responsible.
Award application must be accompanied by:
1. An office report* verifying all transactions processed through Utahrealestate.com, for FSBO’s, HUD transactions, or any other transaction that did not process through Utahrealestate.com. This report include transactions that you were involved in as an: (1) Agent, (2) Listing Agent, (3) Seller’s Agent and (4) Buyer’s Agent.
*The submitted office report will be kept strictly confidential and will only be viewed by Salt Lake Board of REALTORS® staff for award verification purposes. If you choose, you may black-out/remove any inapplicable information such as referrals and income. Any format of the office report that lists the total production volume and sides is acceptable.
2. Photograph of nominee (high resolution of 300 dpi).
3. Letter of recommendation from nominee’s Broker that outlines pertinent information as it relates to the nominees cooperation with associates, observation of Code of Ethics, etc… If applicant is nominating his or her self, no letter of recommendation is needed.